Here are five ways to make happiness your mission:
1. Think about what you need the most -- right at this moment. Do you need some quiet time? A cup of tea? Maybe you need to read something uplifting, or a blog post to lift your spirits ... Whatever it is, allow yourself to do it. Give yourself a few minutes, even if you're in the middle of running errands, writing that memo, or paying your bills. Stop. Just do one pleasurable thing.
It makes us happy to see things around us. Go to the mall, hang out with your friends or play games on your computer. Give youself a break and take it easy onit that will make you happy. Less pressure, less stress and more friends makes me happy and most importantly being with my family and love ones is the best source of my happiness.
2. Burn one of your favorite candles or buy one. Sit and watch the flame. Think about getting in touch with yourself and your needs. Listen to your inner voice without seeking the right answers. Be still.
Candles make me feel calm and relax. Once in a while we have to take a short pause of our life and take a deep breath to meditate. Thinks of the things that make you relax and that can make you happy.
3. Stop being a news junkie. Quit perusing the web for the latest carjack, murder, health care initiative, or traffic report. Just cut the cord for a day. One day.
I happen to have a healthy body and young to get serious with the diet and stuff that other people are doing right now. So, I do not need to punish my self for enjoying my guilty pleassure. One thing I am focusing right now is how to get a job, and I would be very happy if I find one soon.
4. Start a daily appreciation or gratitude journal. Think of everyone in your life you're grateful for, why, and how they've changed your life. Add to this list daily.
That is why I decided to indulge in online journalling so I can have an outlet to express my thought at the same time learn more in life. I can appreciate my life better when I read that not only me having troubles in life. Life is life, with out problems it isn't life anymore.
5. Repeat this to yourself any time during the day you have a negative thought, "Everything is as it should be. I am OK."
This happiness tips is shared by Suzanne and I added some of my personal hints that made me happy for the last 23 years of life.
Do you have any happiness hints of your own? Have you tried any of these suggestions? Share them with us.
5 Easy Ways to Be Happy
It's all up to you!
by Suzanne Baran